WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Permanent solution for tooth loss
When you have a single missing tooth or more, we can replace the space single tooth implanti.e, with an artificial tooth that looks and feels like a real tooth. Dental Implant tooth replacement is the only prosthesis that comes closest to nature. It also functions like a real tooth and has the highest success rate of more than 98% with a 15 year follow up of more than 10000 implants at Kadam dental care, India. For busy people who have a time constraint, single day dental implants, or full-mouth rehabilitation can be done in 3-7 days, made possible with our inhouse dental laboratory and experienced dental implantologists in Hyderabad, India.
Dental implants are a very technique sensitive treatment. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that an Oral Implantologist like Dr. Rohit Kadam places into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, failure of endodontics, an injury, or some other reason.
Dental implants are actually more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework with >95% success rate since implants do not rely on neighboring teeth for support. It can be rightly said that implants are the third set of dentition in a human after primary teeth and permanent teeth.
- They can reduce the strain placed on other teeth by creating an individual support structure for crowns, bridges and dentures
- They prevent any remaining natural teeth from being damaged no surrounding teeth need to be cut down or removed
- They can help preserve jaw bone, and reduce the reduction of bone height loss once teeth are removed.
- Evidence suggests that they can last much longer than other methods of dental tooth replacement
- Implants can provide excellent denture stabilisation avoiding the need to wear denture adhesives.
- Studies have also shown that individuals with over-dentures are able to speak, chew and eat much more efficiently, when compared to wearing traditional full dentures
- There will be a need for a minor surgical procedure to place dental implants.
- Many appointments may be required to provide the final restorative outcome.
- Implants can be expensive in comparison to other forms of tooth replacement.
- Due to a lack of shock-absorbers within implants, fractures of crowns and bridgework are more common than with natural teeth crowns.
- Implants are not for life and will require maintenance by the patient, and occasionally by the dentist.
- Implants can also suffer from gum disease, if placed in patients with untreated gum problems, or if there has been no implant maintenance.
- General Implant Procedure:
- Initial Diagnosis : To Assess bone length
- Advanced Diagnosis for 3 dimensional view : CBCT Scan will help to decide whether you are fit for IMMEDIATE IMPLANT loading or Conventional/Progressive/delayed Implant loading.This will give a 3-dimensional view hence eliminating GUESS work.
- Surgical phase and implant placement: May need additional bone graft procedure. (Placement of an Implant GENERALLY takes 30 MINUTES)
- Transition phase ( after implant placement till final prosthesis) : Generally the wait is 5-6 Months for Maxilla (upper bone) and 3-4 Months for Mandible(lower bone)
- Impression is made and a crown (cap) or a bridge is fabricated in lab and delivered to you.